Magandang Arau! ^.^


U must be thinking, what the hell does that mean? Actually it just simply means: good day, one of the way for the Philippines to greet each other. So, Magandang Arau everyone!! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

Have I done it? No. Will I do it? Maybe. Have I donated? Yes.

Now, why wouldn't I, a very active, adventurous, up-to-challenges lady won't do this small challenge? Simply because this challenge has gone so far from its real points which are; to donate money and to raise awareness. It is now mostly (not all) about having fun. About telling the world that you can do it. About telling everybody that you are not left out. To jump on the bandswagon.

Sometimes I got mad when I see those kids do the challenge because it looks more like they are making fun of the people who suffer from ALS. It's like telling, 'hey, I'm pouring the ice on me to feel what you feel but I'm only feeling it for fun, but you have to feel that for the rest of your life'. However, some videos made by some individuals are very meaningful. When they explain about the disease briefly and talk about the donation, the challenge became much more meaningful. It touches me.

Anyway, guys, don't just donate because of this challenge. If you have extra, you can always donate for others (home, medical, etc.) even if they do not come up with any challenge. Even if they do not offer you popularity like this Ice Bucket Challenge did. It will make you feel better. I assure you. Also, if you have done this challenge, please don't take my post to heart. I mean, if you do it with the right intention, why would you be offended with what I write, right? Ahahahaha

Have a nice day, people!

0 amazing thoughts:

Post a Comment

Post your thought!