Magandang Arau! ^.^


U must be thinking, what the hell does that mean? Actually it just simply means: good day, one of the way for the Philippines to greet each other. So, Magandang Arau everyone!! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nicholas Sparks. Again!

Yeah, here I am again with my favorite drug - Sparks' novels. They are addictive!!!

Thanks to the coming election, the students were given free book voucher which worth RM200!! With those vouchers, I was able to getting nearer to my collection of Sparks' novel. There is one novel though - Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks which is pretty hard to find. I guess it will come to me when it's time. I bought 8 novels by him and another 2 by other authors. Don't ask me how I was able to buy 10 novels with my vouchers because I might be put behind bars if 'they' know what I did. Ahahahaha

So I spent most of my time with my drugs. I cried, I laughed, I smiled, I frowned, all expressions start to wear on me as I read those novels. As usual, his writing touched me right into my heart. ^^

Here are some reviews from me about his novels:

The Lucky One


- This novel is really fun to read. With the elements of war and mystery, it just struck me as a really sexy story. When I start to read the novel, I start to imagine the handsome, muscular, young man, that follows his heart to look for a woman whom he barely know. That causes me to feel very excited and create a wild imagination of that man. Wow! Ahahahaha the story makes me even more excited as the man is keeping a secret from the woman. It keeps me wonder, when will the woman get to know the secret? Will she be mad if she knows? What if everything turns one way around if she gets to know? The elements of suspense makes me wanting to read more. Great job, Nicholas!

The Wedding


- this novel is a follow up story of The Notebook. So I'd  recommend you to read The Notebook first before you start The Wedding. But that doesn't mean that you won't understand the second novel if you didn't read the first one. It's just that if you read the first novel, there will be more feeling towards the second novel as it is related to the first one. You will understand why this person do this and why does it affect the other, or why do this person have to do this when it does not even make sense? See, it is amazing how Sparks relates all these questions together and write it all in a story. It is again an amazing job done by Sparks. When I read the story, it makes me appreciate everyone that I love in my life and make use of every seconds I have with them to tell them that I really love them for I won't know when will be the last time I'll be seeing them.. :(

A Bend in The Road


- Another romantic but really sad love story. The story is more to the love in a family rather than between a couple. A moment to pick between your family and your love one. It is not as simple as "I love you and so I'll be with you" or "I'm sorry, let's just break up. I love my family more than I do love you". No, it's not like that. It is more of " I really want to be with you but how can I when your brother killed my wife?" Wow.... I cried and cried and cried reading this novel. You see, it is not a simple decision. But making decision is never simple, is it?

Message in a Bottle


- Amazingly written by Sparks (when does he write that is never amazing?). I once too (when I was a kid of course) sent a message in a bottle. Just wondered whether it really can be a tool of communication. And it never came back. I guess it has broken into two and sank (Okay, forget about that). Somehow, the plot of the story flows so naturally that I can imagine it happen to me one day. (I'm a dreamer, you see) The romantic scenes between the characters are described so loving that I start to wonder, is there really a man out there that can love you that much? To the point where he can't even forget you even after you're dead.To the point that even when he starts dating, the only person he can think about is you. To the point that everything that happen around his world revolves around you. Amazing, huh? Guess, that just happen in a story...

At First Sight


- Okay, first of all, I made a mistake of reading this book first before I read  True Believer. I just noticed that this book is a follow up of True Believer. So I've just missed the element of suspense in the story as I'd already know what happened to the couple. This novel is not as exciting as the other novel (for me) since I don't really understand what happened to the couple earlier. So I'd suggest you read True Believer before you start At First Sight. ^^

Now I'm reading True Believer and I'm looking forward to read Nights in Rodanthe and The Rescue. Too bad, next week is already exam week so I guess I'd have to wait. But it's good though since I'd have something to read on the plane back to my hometown and also when I come back here. I'll be back home in roughly 3 weeks. Exam? Not really prepared, or shall I say not prepared at all. You see, I'm still not over with the idea that exam is the lousiest event ever created by human kind so I resent it. =.="

Go Nicholas!!

0 amazing thoughts:

Post a Comment

Post your thought!