Magandang Arau! ^.^


U must be thinking, what the hell does that mean? Actually it just simply means: good day, one of the way for the Philippines to greet each other. So, Magandang Arau everyone!! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mathematics.

Marking Form 3 exam papers for Mathematics subject last night was really a devastating experience. It was sad. Why? Because it reminded me of who I was back in high school. It reminded me of my passion few years back. And now, here I am teaching English language. A subject that I have no interest in since I couldn't remember when.

I have to agree that language is beautiful. With alphabets, words, sentences, they make us understand each other. They are special. But I never really into language. It's ironic because I speak in more than 3 languages, maybe not that good but still understandable. I find language interesting, but not to the point where I would want to learn everything about it.

Maths? It's a completely different matter. I can sit down and look at numbers for hours without stopping. It makes me wonder, makes me think, it fascinates me, it amazes me. They say once I became a real teacher, I'd be able to teach my students Mathematics as well, but primary school's Maths? Come on! I don't just want to teach numbers. I want to teach others and myself about what we can do with numbers. I remembered how hard I work in solving Additional Mathematics questions when I was in high school. Thinking how satisfied I was once I solved the equation. I was so passionate in it. But now? What to solve in English language?

I now understand the reason why I was not that passionate like I used to be in high school. Simply because I was not in the field that my passion lives in. Checking the answer scheme last night had really opened my eyes wide. That was the first time in years after my high school that I really sit down and analyze.

Fuh! I guess there's nothing I can do anyway. Sayonara, Mr. Mathematics. T.T

0 amazing thoughts:

Post a Comment

Post your thought!