Magandang Arau! ^.^


U must be thinking, what the hell does that mean? Actually it just simply means: good day, one of the way for the Philippines to greet each other. So, Magandang Arau everyone!! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ES Task: Mayella Ewell's Thought

Write a blog entry of what do you think Mayella would write based on the novel
To Kill A mockingbird by Harper Lee.

I am Mayella Ewell. I live in a small town in Maycomb County, Alabama. My family is different to compare to the rest of families in the society. I don't go to school. So do my parents, my siblings - easy said, the whole Ewell family. My dad takes alcohol as water. He drinks all day. He has always been this way even before my mother passed away and it gets worse after that. I am the eldest so I have to take care of my family since I can't lean on my father. Sometimes I get so lonely that I cried myself to sleep. My father never cares about the family. When he doesn't have enough to drink, he'll beat us all up especially me.

I've been finding ways to ease the pain I feel inside until one day a black man passed by my house. He is Tom Robinson. I wasn't interested in him at first. But then each time he passes my house, I just don't know why my heart gets excited. I start to say 'hi' to him and I feel a strange fondness towards him. I always enjoy his company so every time he passes by my house I'll ask him to do favors for me just so I can spend time with him.

Gradually my feeling for him grows stronger. I try to give hints about my feeling but he doesn't seem to understand -- or maybe he just doesn't want to understand. I know he is married. I know he has children. Most importantly he is black. Maybe that is the reason why he doesn't want to be with me. His status and his race built a strong wall between us. But how? Should I just give up when he is the only man who stood by me when I need someone? A woman in me just needs a man in him.

I just couldn't stand it anymore. I've been saving money bit by bit. So I used that money to send my sibling to buy ice cream. I know Tom Robinson will pass by my house that day so I call him to come in my house for the first time, without my siblings.I ask him to bust up some chiffarobe and then tell him to step on the chair yonder and get a box down from on top of another chiffarobe. Once I see him on the chair, trying to get the box, I can't help myself but to hug him. I grab him around the leg. He looks surprised, he hops down and  turns the chair around. I don't want to let him go. I jump on him and start hugging him around the waist. I feel so calm standing near to him. I start kissing him but he keeps on rejecting my kiss. He then tries to run away so I quickly run to the door and stop him until my father comes. I get panic.

Tom Robinson runs as fast as he can and my father starts to use harsh words towards me. He beats me so hard that I can't sense anything anymore. I cry and cry but he just doesn't want to stop. The next thing I know is I can't do anything but to lie down on my bed crying. Well maybe he is not the one for me. Maybe we don't belong to each other. Maybe..

P/s: Tom, if you are reading this, I hope you know that I truly love you. I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you do, as long as you love me.

Lots of Love,
Mayella Ewell

0 amazing thoughts:

Post a Comment

Post your thought!