Magandang Arau! ^.^


U must be thinking, what the hell does that mean? Actually it just simply means: good day, one of the way for the Philippines to greet each other. So, Magandang Arau everyone!! :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Safe Haven.

Another novel by my sweetheart, Nicholas Sparks. ^^
I bought this novel last week at book fair in KL. This novel is the latest by Nicholas parks. Most of his novels made me cry but not this one. I'm not saying that this one is not as amazing as the others but this novel is different. It is just different.

It is full of mystery. All the while I was reading the novel, I can sense myself kept on asking what, why, who, how, and so on. I kept on turning the page as I wanted to know more. The other novels made me read slower because I was mesmerized with every story he brought me in but this novel made me read faster as I wanted to know more and more.

The ending is power. I had goosebumps while reading the last few chapter. That shows how great his novel is.

Here is a bit about Safe Haven:

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town on Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with two young children; and another with her plainspoken neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family.

But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles  with the dark secret that still hunts and terrifies her. A past that set her on a fearful journey across the country, to the oasis of Southport. With Jo's support, katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards and that in the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.

0 amazing thoughts:

Post a Comment

Post your thought!